Monday 23 November 2015

My Plan vs. His Plan

This week was interesting. In all honesty, it was kind of rough. Things kept coming up that kept us from doing our work! One day we had no appointments so we filled the day with pass-bys and not one person was home. Another day we had zone training meeting and then a dinner appointment and then correlation meeting, so there was no time. On another day we spent a long time on the phone with the mission presidency and then tried to donate blood but got rejected (it still took time to get that far though). One of the days was P-day, another was weekly planning followed by an exchange where nearly every appointment fell through..... I just feel thwarted.

Nevertheless, we did what we needed to do this week. The day we did pass-bys, we ended up following the Spirit to be exactly where we needed to be at exactly the right moment. We had just finished praying to know where to go next when a young man walked into the entrance of the apartment where we were sitting. He talked to us for a long time and over the course of the conversation went from "No, I'm not really into that. I can't think of anyone else here who would be either...." to "Yeah, I'll check that out! I promise you I will read some of the Book of Mormon. I'm so glad I met you today!" and gave us his name, number, and email. This is just one example! The week was FULL of small miracles and tender mercies. :)

It's nice to be reminded once in a while that God's plan is always better than my plan. Even though I may be frustrated because my plan isn't working, it's actually all part of His master plan for the salvation of His children. Sometimes we see the immediate results, and sometimes we don't. But if we are living righteously and doing our best, we can be confident that He will lead us.

   Ottawa Zone Conference with Elder and Sister Golden

You didn't think I would write this whole email without mentioning the temple, did you? Of course not! My companion and I went to the first session of the dedication. It was beautiful! I wish I could have stayed for all three. We couldn't, because we had work to do. We did also get to watch the youth cultural celebration with one of our investigators. It was so fun! It brought back memories of the Vancouver temple dedication, when I was a youth! I love temples! 

The only handkerchiefs we found were pricy, so instead we bought a white tank top 
and I made some for the sisters in our apartment
I also tried to embroider? Didn't turn out great... 
but it was a first attempt and I didn't know how, so I think it was pretty good :P


Have a great week, everyone!

Sister Shaver


  Temple Training with  Elder Richards


 Morning jogs along the Rideau Canal :)

Some scenes near where we live


No comments:

Post a Comment