Monday 9 November 2015

Montréal Temple :)

This past week was one of those once-in-a-lifetime, only-because-I'm-a-missionary experiences. Last Monday we drove down to Montreal to be at the temple in Longueuil. There, we received a training from Elder Richards of the Seventy. The spirit in that chapel was overwhelming - even before the meeting started. As part of the training, we walked through the temple and listened to Elder Richards as we sat in one of the instruction rooms. It was beautiful!


The whole experience was incredible. I am SO lucky to have been able to participate in the open house! My testimony of temples has definitely grown, and the same probably goes for all who came last week. (The open house is still going on this week too, but we're back in Ottawa now.) This might sound funny coming from a missionary, but one of the things that I've learned the most about on my mission is eternal marriage. I thought I understood the doctrine pretty well before, but now I realize just how much I didn't know! Missions are basically marriage prep. It's great. 

One of the fun parts of being in Montreal all week was that we got to be with all the other sisters!! Hermana Perdue and I went on exchanges with each other for a day in her Spanish area, and it was so fun! I hope someday I get to serve in Spanish. I would like that. But if I don't, that's okay. I am confident that transfers are inspired and that wherever I am, it's where the Lord wants me to be.

Me and Hermana Perdue! Serving together in Spanish!

Speaking of transfers, they're happening this week! Sister Cunningham and I are both staying. The only change in our district is we're losing one elder who's going to Zarahemla (a Spanish area). He's being replaced by a Chinese-speaking elder from BC who came in at the same time as Sister Cunningham. 

Have a great week!

Sister Shaver


 We all wore poppies :) 

                          el templo :)

              Me with Sister Davis!!! :)                       And here's a picture of me, Sister Cunningham and Sister       
       She goes home next transfer!!                              Arreola (she was also trained by Sister Davis). 



No comments:

Post a Comment