Tuesday 13 October 2015

Miracles are Everywhere!

I have so much exciting news this week!!!

First of all, last Tuesday we sisters had a training from our mission president regarding the Montreal Temple open house - we get to go! We won't be leading tours, but we will be "hosts" in video rooms before the tour and in the reception tent after the tour. All of the sister missionaries in the whole mission are getting pulled out of our areas for a week to be a part of it!  We don't know exactly which days we'll leave and come back yet, and there's also a transfer in the middle of the open house, so some of us may not come back at all - we'll get transfer calls early so that we know before we leave whether to pack all our stuff or not. I'M SO EXCITED!

I gave a talk in sacrament meeting the other day. I got to choose my topic, so I chose temples. I love going to the temple. In temples, families can be sealed together for eternity. In temples, ordinances can be performed for righteous souls who didn't have the opportunity in life to receive them. In temples, we can find peace and receive revelation. I can't believe how lucky I am to be part of the rededication of the Montreal temple!

As well, next week a member of one of the quorums of the seventy will be coming to our mission! We're going to have a really early zone conference (because he has a plane to catch later). The night before, he's going to be in Ottawa to do a training for missionary leaders (which includes me because I'm a trainer!) as well as a few individual interviews and, most frightening of all, he'll be doing apartment inspections. Sooooo we've been cleaning a lot. Our apartment has had elders in it for years, and we're the first sisters to live there...so there's work to be done....

Annnnnnnd what's even better than anything I've already said this week is that two of our investigators now have a date for their baptism! One is a 9-year-old boy who will be baptized just barely before we leave for Montreal, and the other is the wife of a less-active member of our ward, and she's planning to be baptized next month. Both of them are amazing. :) 

Miracles are everywhere!

Sister Shaver






                                                                            
  Last Monday we went with two other sisters to a live butterfly display at Carleton university, 
and there were two more sisters there! Yay! Running into other missionaries 
is the kind of thing that would never happen in either of my previous areas.



More butterflies, me and sister Cunningham, and Carleton U's backyard.


Our district! 
Group pic: me, sisters Cunningham, Delgado, and Cruz Arenas, 
then elders (left to right) Bourdeau, Mendoza, Hernandez, Monnier,  Mclaughlin, Vanaquer :)

And a program with my name! Sister Cunningham gets to talk next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment