Saturday 4 April 2015

Our district makes the best jokes



Happy Conference/Easter weekend!

I'll start with the exciting news - we got our travel itineraries!! I'm going to have to get up at 3 AM to leave the MTC the day I leave, but that's okay. Plane rides are for napping. Also, Hermana Perdue and I auditioned to do a special musical number last Thursday and they said yes, which means we were put into a pool of people who may or may not ever actually be called upon to perform at a devotional or other big group meeting. Cool, right? The panel in front of whom we audition is made up of the wives of the MTC presidency, and they are some of my favourite people. I think that the MTC president and his wife just know us without having to look at our nametags anymore.
With our approved audition papers!

However, this week was pretty rocky for my district. There was a lot of tension Wednesday morning because some people were impatient with other people's behaviour and there were some pretty bad attitudes going around. But we talked through it and kinda sorta fixed things - but not really. Then, while my companion and I were off-campus for a check-up appointment, one elder got really mad because someone else threw and broke his ring, which apparently meant a lot to him, and he ran away. By that, I mean his companions had no idea where he was. A search party was sent out. They did finally find him, and he had to have an interview with the MTC district president. All I knew was that he was missing when he burst into the room where we were, tears rolling down his face, shook hands with us, said, "I love you guys," and took off. One of the other elders was crying too, and we noticed he had all his stuff from the classroom. So we had to run after them to catch up, at which point he explained that he was being sent home and had to undergo counselling before he could come back and by the way, April Fool's. Hahahaha so basically, he is NOT everyone's favourite person right now! But I grudgingly have to admit that his prank was executed flawlessly. 
At my check-up with a chiropractic tool...

We also got a new sister in our district! She's in a trio with the other companionship. We now have 5 sisters and 3 elders. Does that feel weird to anyone else?

A cartoon of my district.

Last thing, to throw some humour in there! Hermana Perdue's and my favourite activity at the moment is parcour. In other words, we'll be walking down the path when we suddenly yell, "parcour!"  and do something really lame like jump two inches off the ground and kick a pole while flailing our arms. We get some funny looks from other missionaries. It makes us laugh.
Spring at the MTC:)

That's all for this week! Enjoy conference, everyone! :)

Hermana Shaver


No comments:

Post a Comment