Monday 13 June 2016

There are no miracles in the comfort zone, and no comfort in the miracle zone.

Hey!!!!
So I got a new companion this week! Sister Clement went home. Another one bites the dust. My only ex-companions that are still on the mission are my MTC companion, my greenie, and my current companion. Anyway, I miss her a ton but I also LOVE Sister Hoffmann! We've already seen so many crazy miracles together and I am fully confident that they're going to keep on coming! 
Chocolat Favoris - Sister Clement convinced the senior couple sisters in the mission office 
to drive us all the way to the south shore (where I served in Victoria) to get this on her last pday

I'll tell you about some of them. One night at the very end of a long day we were walking around the block with the last little bit of our time and we met this woman who was walking home. We walked with her and talked and when we got to her apartment, we had a really short lesson in the lobby, prayed, and set up a return appointment. New investigator! 

We also got to meet with this man who was referred to us by other missionaries like 2 months ago. He always said he was busy but since we were so nice and kept persisting, he decided to give it a chance. He is SUPER cool but unfortunately decided not to keep meeting with us. 

Also, this Iranian less-active man we've been working with to quit smoking is finally going to the House of the Lord this weekend to be baptized in behalf of his father. This will be his first time inside a temple, ever. He's been a member of the church for decades, and I'm so excited for him to finally have this beautiful experience. The peace and warmth that is felt in the temple is probably the most exquisitely profound things that can ever be felt by a mortal heart. Unfortunately, we won't be able to go with him because of a scheduling conflict with the Patricks' farewell devotional. But I know he's going to have a great time either way!

One of our investigators unexpectedly came to church! And she loved it! She had told us she would come, but people say that all the time and then don't, so I didn't think she would really be there. But she was! I'm not sure how much she really understood because her main language is Hindi, and she doesn't have a religious background that matches up too well with our beliefs. I'm pretty sure she's been Hindu, muslim, and a Jehovah's Witness. So teaching her is pretty interesting. But we gave her a Book of Mormon in Hindi and she's excited to read it!

We work with a lot of children, for some reason. We have two 10-year-old investigators, each of whom have at least one parent who is a member of the church. We also do Family Home Evening every week with a sweet family with two kids. It's a lot of fun.

I'm so grateful for the experiences I've had as a missionary so far. This is literally the best thing ever. I'm so so so happy here! I can't wait to see what the coming week brings! I love you all!

pictures by my bed

 Sister Sully

festival - we found beaver tails! Soooo yummy!

ferret - this member from Kazakhstan's boyfriend's daughter's ferret.


No comments:

Post a Comment