Monday 14 March 2016

Preach

Hey guess what!!! Transfer calls came this weekend and, miracle of all miracles, I'm STAYING with my companion in Montreal! There are some pretty interesting changes going on in our zone, though. A new set of sisters is moving into Kirkland. :) And my greenie is TRAINING! I'll be a "grandma" (in missionary terms)! I'm excited for this transfer! 

We also had another zone training meeting last week. It turned out really well.We discussed principles of faith, accountability, and consecration, along with some specific goals to work on and things to improve. And it's always nice to see the rest of the zone. It was funny for me to see the difference between this one and the last one. At the last one, I only knew like 5 people in our zone, but now I know most missionaries by name - although now everyone's getting transfered so I have to start over again. -.- 

Another REALLY cool thing that happened this week was we had a missionary fireside for the youth last night. The youth and their parents were invited to attend, and they rotated through different stations where they heard from the bishop, other church leaders, and the full-time missionaries. We were asked to talk to them about who we were before our missions, why we came, what we wish we would have known before we came, and what our day-to-day life is like. It was SO GOOD. We really enjoyed it. The Spirit was very strong. The bishop gave some closing remarks (and cried), and they gave each youth a Preach My Gospel on their way out. Members back home, take note! It didn't seem too complicated to organize, and it was really successful! :)

I love my mission. I love talking to people on the metro, teaching in people's homes, waking up early, studying, going on exchanges, edifying everyone around me, explaining the doctrine of Christ, planning in detail, running to catch the bus, going numb from the cold, and I even love having doors slammed in my face and people yelling at me in other languages because when I'm doing all of these things, I know that I am where God wants me to be, doing what God wants me to do. I will never regret my decision to serve. As hard as it is sometimes, the trials are NOTHING compared to the blessings. Not just the blessings I receive, but more importantly the blessings that those around me receive as a result of my being here. There is nothing happier.

Sister Shaver

No comments:

Post a Comment