Monday 11 January 2016

Los milagros

This week was a little bit crazy!! Not in a bad way - it's just that a LOT happened, and I feel like last Monday was an eternity ago. Sooooo I obviously can't write about everything, but I'll mention a few things.

We went on exchanges at the beginning of last week. My companion went to the sister training leaders' area and I stayed behind. My temporary companion learned Spanish in high school....but doesn't really know the language at all. So! That was fun. We had a couple of INCREDIBLE lessons together. In one of them, the woman we were teaching explained that she had no intention of ever changing religions (she was pretty adamant) and told us about how she developed faith in Christ, etc. That was the beginning of the lesson. We were able to explain to her why it's important to search for truth and how to do it, and the whole time she was agreeing and going, "oh.. okay... yeah... oh, I guess I didn't have real intent when I prayed last time...... yes...." and the Spirit worked its miracles and by the end of the lesson she had determined to honestly investigate this church and accepted a tentative baptismal date. The Holy Ghost is AMAZING. Not to mention all the help we were given to understand her and speak her language!
(I just took a selfie right now :P) I dyed it darker. I'm trying to be Latina, 
but I'm worried that going darker would wash me out.... so yeah!

This week we also had a couple of interesting dinner appointments, made a blanket fort in our apartment, dyed the hair of one of the other sisters in our apartment (she's Tahitian, so she has a LOT of hair), ate arepas, made and delivered birthday cards, sang old Quebecois songs with elderly people, and had TWO investigators at church. Woo!

the fort I made for our weekly planning session

And then last night was like the icing on the craziness cake. After dinner, our only plan was a lesson with a less-active in our ward. She wasn't home, so instead we decided to deliver more of the birthday cards we had made. We did that, expecting a quiet night without any real lessons, and instead taught an active woman we didn't know very well along with her inactive son and nonmember brother,and taught the less-active 14-year-old son of a family we work with and his nonmember friend in French. (My French is suffering after almost 4 transfers of neglect....I don't speak anything anymore.) The best part of that last lesson was that we taught the Restoration, and the parent who was present wasn't being very nice and kept interrupting - but he fell asleep when we got to the part about Joseph Smith and his vision. Tender mercy. Basically, it was a week FULL of miracles!

I know that God lives because I see miracles every day. I know He's working very hard in each of our lives. As one of my previous companions told me, He's probably doing a million things for each of us right now, and we're aware of about 3 of them. I love you all, and I hope you have a great week!


Hermana Ducha (Shaver)

ps: This transfer is 7 weeks, but yes, we ARE more than halfway! Two missionaries in my district and one in my apartment are going home! So weird. 

pps:  I am officially unofficially the ward organist now. 

ppps: Guess who I got a letter from!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SISTER FINKEN!!!!!!!! It was a super cute christmas card! :D 




No comments:

Post a Comment