Monday 8 August 2016

BLESSINGS

Hi everyone!

Sooo this week was super cool! Even in the last month of my mission, I'm still doing lots of new things! For example, this past weekend there was a YSA conference in Montreal, and my companion and I got to go to help out with an activity. We brought an investigator (we brought Peter, this super cool man from Egypt) and taught  him a lesson with about 10 YSA. It was really fun! Peter is progressing really well. We've only known him for a few weeks, but he has a scheduled baptismal date and is really looking forward to it. His English isn't too strong, but he held up his Arabic Book of Mormon and told the group, "This is like gold." So true.


Another highlight from this week was that Jasmine passed her baptismal interview!!! And she came to church!!! She and her dad were like 15 minutes late, and Sister Hoffmann and I were basically not breathing that whole time. But she's getting baptized this weekend!!! She has grown SO much since we first started meeting with her. She almost literally glows with the warmth and light that the gospel has brought into her life, and it's so beautiful to see her family one step closer to getting sealed in the temple. :')


I'm so grateful that the Lord has been blessing me so much! This whole transfer might just be the highlight of my entire mission. I love these people a ton, and it feels so rewarding when I realize that they love me a lot too. We had my last stake correlation meeting yesterday (that's a meeting with us, the zone leaders, the stake president, the mission president, and stake high councilors over missionary work), and the stake President was genuinely sad to hear that I'm leaving. We have these meetings once a month, and that was my 7th one, so we've known each other for a while.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great week!

Sister Shaver









 Poutine!!




     
Us and the mandarin district! 3 of those elders are from Vancouver, 
and the 4th is straight out of Taiwan. They're so cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment